'Brokeback Mountain' gets 8 Oscar Nominations
My favourite movie of the year so far, Brokeback Mountain, was nominated for eight Oscars last week. I found it a surprisingly honest film for 21st century Hollywood, and sadly unsurprising that there are those who found the film threatening.
What I found sadder though is that both Jake Gyllenhall and Heath Ledger felt that they had to assert their heterosexual credentials in interview to a greater or lesser extent, and tried to imply that the characters that they played weren't really that gay either. Well, guys that may be your interpretation, but I suspect that every one else who was watching had a different one! ;-)
What I found sadder though is that both Jake Gyllenhall and Heath Ledger felt that they had to assert their heterosexual credentials in interview to a greater or lesser extent, and tried to imply that the characters that they played weren't really that gay either. Well, guys that may be your interpretation, but I suspect that every one else who was watching had a different one! ;-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home